One of the most effective ways to enhance the look, quality, and confidence of the smile is through the esthetic dentistry solution of porcelain veneers. Aesthetic imperfections like teeth stained from coffee, minor chips or cracks in front teeth, and worn biting edges can all contribute to a diminished smile appearance. Such effects can also make a person look older than they actually are. With porcelain veneers, however, smile flaws can often be transformed into a more balanced, brilliant, and younger-looking cosmetic appeal.
As a leading New York City cosmetic dentist, Dr. Marianna Farber of Contemporary & Esthetic Dentistry is pleased to bring the high-quality solution of porcelain veneers to men and women who are dissatisfied with their smiles. Porcelain veneers have been around for some time — decades, in fact — but the quality of materials used to make these restorations has never been better. Read on to learn exactly how Dr. Farber uses this timeless technique to create custom smile results for our patients. You may even find porcelain veneers to be a likely solution for your own smile concerns when considering your options for cosmetic dentistry in New York City.
Porcelain Veneers Reverse the Look of Smile Imperfections
Porcelain veneers are individual tooth restorations covering the front portions of enamel and offer a bright, natural-looking appearance for the smile. Placed within the aesthetic zone of the mouth, or the area that shows when a person smiles, veneers are often revered as the crown jewel of esthetic dentistry. Porcelain veneers from Dr. Farber can be highly effective at hiding several forms of aesthetic blemishes on the teeth, including:
- Broken, cracked or chipped teeth
- Worn or flattened enamel edges
- Minor spacing among front teeth
- Ill-shaped or malformed teeth
- Unusually short or narrow teeth
- Yellow, gray, brown-stained, or discolored enamel
- Slight tooth misalignment (overlapped or crooked teeth)
- Congenitally misshapen teeth (peg laterals)
Enjoy an Instant Smile Enhancement From the Porcelain Veneers Process
In most cases, porcelain veneers can be completed within two visits to Contemporary & Esthetic Dentistry and deliver instant smile enhancement once placed on the teeth. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest in technology and offers a comfortable, inviting atmosphere in which patients can feel comfortable receiving cosmetic dentistry treatments. New York City men and women can expect their porcelain veneers to be fabricated of the finest quality porcelain, within a professional dental lab carefully selected by Dr. Farber. The number of veneers each individual requires will depend on their specific oral conditions and smile goals. To achieve an attractive and well-balanced look, porcelain veneers are usually placed in pairs or on teeth visible when a person smiles.
During the first visit, Dr. Farber will prepare the teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from the surfaces of the teeth. This minimally invasive approach allows for the porcelain restorations to fit comfortably over teeth, without a bulky look or feel. A set of temporary veneers will be placed on the prepared teeth and worn while the permanent veneers are being handcrafted by our lab. A week or two later, our team schedules a return visit to our New York City, NY practice for the delivery of the new porcelain veneers. Dr. Farber will carefully bond each veneer to the teeth with a strong cement, adjust the bite as needed, and polish the veneers to deliver an instantly brighter, straighter, and more lustrous smile. With the right type of care, porcelain veneers can last for up to ten years or longer.
Tips on Keeping Porcelain Veneers Looking and Feeling Like New
1. Maintain a good home care routine. Porcelain veneers are cared for in the same manner as natural tooth enamel. These restorations should be brushed and flossed daily and thoroughly to keep them free from plaque and stain.
2. Minimize the consumption of staining foods, drinks, and tobacco. Though porcelain is revered for its ability to resist stains, keeping the consumption of these types of products to a minimum and brushing afterward can help to keep veneers looking bright and pristine.
3. Keep up with routine dental cleanings and check-up exam visits. Just like natural tooth structure, porcelain veneers should be routinely cleaned and cared for by dental professionals. Our team at Contemporary & Esthetic Dentistry recommends dental cleaning visits at least every six months along with annual dental exams.
4. Avoid parafunctional habits (such as chewing on ice and biting on pens or fingernails). Engaging in these types of activities can compromise your veneers, and may even chip or break the porcelain. If you have a tendency to clench or grind your teeth, talk with Dr. Farber about having a custom night guard made to protect against wear, chips, and additional types of mouth and jaw damage.
Find Out If Porcelain Veneers Are Your Ideal Smile Solution
Improving the look, quality, and confidence of the smile is something often achieved through cosmetic dentistry. Many New York City-area patients who are dissatisfied with their smiles are finding porcelain veneers to be an excellent choice for delivering dramatic smile results for a more confident, attractive appearance. If you are unhappy with the look of your own grin and have been considering smile enhancement through esthetic dentistry, Dr. Farber and our team invite you to schedule a consultation with us at Contemporary & Esthetic Dentistry in New York City, NY. During this visit, we will listen to your dental concerns and help you determine if porcelain veneers or other quality options are your ideal smile solution.