Candid Teeth Straightening in Midtown Manhattan
Candid clear aligners straighten teeth in an average of seven months. You can enjoy a faster, more convenient, and less expensive way than Invisalign for improving your smile. In Midtown Manhattan, Dr. Marianna Farber can help you get started with CandidPro™ teeth straightening.
What Is Candid?
Candid is a clear-aligner orthodontic treatment. Dr. Farber will work with a Candid orthodontist to develop your customized treatment plan and aligners. Using a digital scanner and CandidApp™, you will enjoy the convenience of remote checkups. Also, Candid teeth straightening includes a complimentary Philips Sonicare toothbrush and Zoom® at-home whitening kit.
Use the downloadable app, CandidApp and its digital scanner to conveniently monitor your progress
Candid will work for you if your teeth have mild to moderate misalignment. After an examination and x-rays, Dr. Farber will explain the results you can expect with Candid.
Both Candid and Invisalign are clear aligners for straightening teeth. What are some differences?
- Average treatment time – Seven months, with dentist and orthodontist supervision
- Follow-up appointments – Virtual progress checks and remote monitoring
- Case type – Mild to moderate misalignment
- Cost – One-half to one-quarter the cost of Invisalign
- Average treatment time – Twelve to eighteen months, with dentist or orthodontist supervision
- Follow-up appointments – In-person visits every four to six weeks
- Case type – Mild to severe misalignment and bite issues
- Cost – Two to four times the cost of Candid, depending on the length and complexity of your case
The Candid process begins with an appointment with Dr. Farber for a complete set of x-rays and a full-mouth digital scan.
Afterward, you can expect these steps:
- Dr. Farber will send your x-rays and scan to Candid for an orthodontist to review.
- The orthodontist will review the images and recommend a treatment plan within ten days.
- When you return to our office, Dr. Farber will present the treatment plan.
- If you approve the treatment plan, Dr. Farber will order your Candid clear aligners and collect payment.
- Candid will send you the trays and a digital monitor for scanning your teeth.
- Every two weeks, you will follow instructions for using the digital monitor to scan your teeth.
- Dr. Farber and a Candid orthodontist will remotely examine the scan to check your progress and see if your treatment needs adjustment.
- Through CandidApp, the orthodontist will notify you when it is time to switch to a new set of aligners.
- You will not need to come in to our office unless you have technical issues with treatment tracking.
- After you have worn all the aligners and completed treatment, you will have beautiful straight teeth.
- Dr. Farber will take a final scan of your teeth to request a custom retainer that will keep your teeth aligned.