If you’re shopping for dentures on a budget, but don’t want to sacrifice quality and stability in order to save money, affordable dental implants can give you the confidence you desire at a fraction of the cost.
How Can Dental Implants Help?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are made of titanium and resemble small screws. They are used in many dental procedures to secure the patient’s replacement teeth—from a single crown to a full arch of dentures.
Once a dental implant has been surgically placed in your mouth, it will begin to permanently fuse itself to the existing jawbone over the course of several months. This process is called osseointegration. Typically, four to eight implants are used to attach a denture, but in the case of snap-on dentures it’s much less.
What Are Snap-On Dentures?
Snap-on dentures are a type of implant overdentures that are secured with as few as two implants, reducing the surgical cost significantly. The implants used for snap-ons have a ball-shaped head, which allows the appliance to gently rotate up and down and prevents harmful “torque on the implants. Think of a ball and socket mechanism. With this design, the denture is safe from floating, shifting side to side, or detaching while you chew. You can easily “snap” your dentures in and out for cleaning and maintenance, and there’s no need for messy adhesive strips or gels.
Quality Without Added Cost
Having fewer implants does not mean less quality. Snap-on dentures are affordable, high-quality restorations that last a long time and function much better than complete removable dentures. It’s easier to eat, speak, and enjoy life without worrying about your dentures slipping around or falling out. As an added plus, implant usage (of any kind) will stimulate and preserve your jawbone, which promotes oral health and prevents facial collapse.
What Can You Expect?
- Dr. Farber will review your health history to confirm that you’re a candidate for snap-on dentures.
- A complete oral examination, including x-rays, will follow.
- A surgeon will surgically place the implants in your jaw.
- After they have been placed, it will take about three months for your implants to fuse with your jawbone. In the meantime, you’ll wear a temporary denture.
- Fabricating your overdenture will take several appointments. You will have an opportunity to try in a prototype to check the fit and make sure you like how your new teeth make you look.
- After the healing period is complete, you’ll receive your snap-on dentures, and begin enjoying a secure, natural-looking smile!
What About Mini Implants?
Another option for affordable dental implants is mini implants. As you might guess, mini implants are smaller than traditional implants—about half the diameter. Mini implants are typically used when an implant is needed in an extra narrow space. Because they are smaller and require less invasive surgery, mini implants are much easier to place and thus cheaper than traditional implants. Not everyone is a good candidate for mini implants, but if you’re interested in this option, Dr. Farber can help you determine if they’re right for you.
High-Quality Affordable Dental Implants
Every mouth is different, and it’s important that you get the care you need for your unique case and budget. If you’re looking for high-quality, affordable dental implants to stabilize your dentures, call us to schedule an appointment or simply request an appointment online.